The House of DaVinci

Friday, February 23, 2007

Book 6: Bride and Doom by Deborah Donnelly


This was a light and fluffy murder mystery book. There are so many of these series out there now it is easy to get them confused. This series stars Carnegie Kincaid, a wedding planner. There are already several books in this series, this is the most recent and the first one that I have read.
The wedding in this book was between a Seattle baseball star and a goth singer named Honeysuckle Hell. So alot of baseball was the background, with a little bit of punk thrown in. For a minute, I thought the murderer was going to come completely out of left field, which I hate, but I ended up okay with the murderer. It wasn't telegraphed from the beginning but the clues were there so you could figure it out before the heroine.
This was light and fluffy and enjoyable, but I would recommend Jerrilyn Farmer's Madeline Bean series (LA caterer) a lot more. Plus, go a little bit heavier, and you get Sue Grafton's Alphabet series, which just keeps getting better and better.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hey 'leen. Did you see Entertainment Weekly, with Stephen Kings column this week? He recommends a brit author named Meg Gardiner who he says is better than Janet Evanovich (and just as funny)

     
  • At 8:29 AM, Blogger Colleen said…

    Hey Ali,

    Thanks for the tip. It turns out I have a Meg Gardiner book on my bookshelf for about 2 years - I won it in a CBC radio National Book Day contest. It isn't the first one in the series, so I'll check with the library first. Stephen King has let me down before though. Case Histories is a book I've read this year but not yet blogged - Stephen made it out as the best mystery in at least a decade. That was overstating it by a long shot.

     
  • At 6:14 AM, Blogger M Easter said…

    hello? is this thing on?

     
  • At 11:34 PM, Blogger John Mutford said…

    Hi Colleen, I'm working on the next update for the 2nd Canadian Book Challenge and just wanted to touch base with the participants to see how they were progressing. I currently have you at 0 reads (which is fine, still loads of time left). Just wondering if this is accurate, and if not which books you've read for the Challenge so far.
    John

     

Post a Comment

<< Home